Project Management Support Senior Associate (Field Coordination Associate)
UNOPS is expanding its operational support in South Asia and has recently established its presence in Nepal with six projects signed with British Embassy (BEK), USAID and World Vision supporting Nepal Government Institutions. UNOPS will provide advisory and technical assistance services with its expertise in Procurement, Project Management and Infrastructure, as well as providing capacity building to key stakeholders. The initial projects are located across all 7 provinces of Nepal, while the major project team works from UNOPS Kathmandu-based country office.
UNOPS is currently launching a project to assist British Embassy (BEK) with the creation of Project Coordination Units (PCUs) in order to support the implementation of federalism as per the Constitution of Nepal (2015). Since the new constitution came into effect in 2015, creating three spheres of Government and seven new provinces, British Embassy (BEK) is adapting the way it works to suit the new political context. While maintaining its existing bilateral aid work with the Government of Nepal, British Embassy (BEK) will also look to work closely with the new provincial and local Government spheres as they become operational. This will mean having a greater understanding and presence at the provincial level in order to support its broader development work.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
British Embassy (BEK) has contracted UNOPS to carry out a “Project Coordination” Project in close cooperation with British Embassy (BEK) leadership. British Embassy (BEK) through UNOPS will work closely with the new provincial and local Government to coordinate programmes in the provinces and provide technical assistance, as appropriate.
The Field Coordination Associate will support the Head of Provincial Project Office to provide field coordination for British Embassy (BEK)-funded projects in the province and to collect relevant field data to ensure the safe and effective implementation of British Embassy (BEK) programmes locally. This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the success of British Embassy (BEK)’s programmes across Nepal as federalism is implemented.
- Secondary Education in development studies, social studies, business, management, administration or another relevant field.
- At least 7 years of work experience in development project implementation, peace and security, risk management, field coordination, monitoring and evaluation or a related field.
- Experience working in Nepal Experience working in Province 2 and/or Province 1 is desirable.
- Previous experience working on British Embassy Kathmandu-funded projects is essential.
- Full professional command of Nepali and English.
- Ability to work in Maithili or Bhojpuri is essential.
Project Management job in United Nations
For applying job please visit jobs.unops.org.